January 3rd: 3-4 killed by a drone strike on a car near Mir Ali, North Waziristan. CNN reports the drone fired first on the vehicle, then on rescuers who went to help those in the car, injuring several more. The death toll is expected to rise, according to local security sources. #pakistan #drone #drones (at Mubarak Shahi, North Waziristan)
"Indeed, Obama’s first authorized drone attack in Yemen led to the deaths of 14 women and 21 children, and only one al-Qaeda affiliate."
Six children were among seven civilians killed in a NATO airstrike in southern Afghanistan, Afghan officials said Thursday.
Abdul Samad, an uncle of four of the children who were killed, disputed the government’s version of the attack. He said his relatives were working in fields near their village when they were attacked without warning by an aircraft.
His brother-in-law, Mohammad Rahim, 50, had his two sons and three daughters with him. They were between 4 and 12 years old and all were killed, except an 8-year-old daughter, who was badly wounded, Mr. Samad said.
“There were no Taliban in the field, this is a baseless allegation that the Taliban were planting mines,” Mr. Samad said. “I have been to the scene and haven’t found a single bit of evidence of bombs or any other weapons. The Americans did a serious crime against innocent children, they will never ever be forgiven.”
It’s no wonder that so many people resent America and might want to retaliate when we’re constantly murdering children like this.
- Picture of a protest sign on someone's wall: Obama is *not* a brown-skinned anti-war socialist who gives away free healthcare. You're thinking of jesus.
- Me: I'm pretty sure Jesus never advocated any kind of government welfare.
- Me: And clearly Obama is not anti-war, considering he's started new bombing operations in Yemen and Somalia, expanded the bombing of Pakistan, and started a new (and unconstitutional) war against Libya.
- A girl named Emily: He did give away free healthcare though... and food... and wine.
- Me: No one [rational] is arguing against any kind of help or aid to the impoverished. [Rational] people are arguing against it being the government that provides it.